Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rush City Grand Re-Opening



On Saturday, with kids in tow, I attended the Grand Re-Opening of the Rush City library. The coffee was strong, the cookies were chocolate chip, the library was crisp and gorgeous, and all attendees were excited about their "new" library. What more could one ask for? Jeanette and Jane and assorted volunteers did an outstanding job planning and executing this remodeling project. Hats off!

Moreover, I heard from several there, as I have in the past from RC patrons, that, more than the physical structure, it is the personal care and attention that Jeanette gives to her patrons that is that branch's real treasure. Her focus on the kids of the community has been particularly praised and appreciated. Students from the local school, where research resources are limited, rely heavily on its public library, and thus its staff. To me, that's what Saturday's celebration was really about.

I took pictures and, with the help of my 11-year-old daughter, uploaded them to ECRL's flickr site. I had hoped to postpone until her teen years the looks of "Dad, you are so uncool" but when I admitted I hadn't downloaded/uploaded pictures before, I think I glimpsed my declining stature. Check out the pictures.

Nick Dimassis, Assistant Director, ECRL

No comments: