Monday, July 14, 2008

Got Fish?

During the summer, library patron, Roger Branville and his sons, Jason and Stephen, visited the Cambridge Public Library. Roger wanted the boys to read. They approached the reference desk while I was working. It seemed Jason loved to read, but Steven wasn't much into it. When I found out that Steven liked to fish, I took him to the fishing section in the library.

Over the summer, he has read several books about catching walleyes and northern pike. Since I love to fish, I was soon getting fishing reports from various family members when they came to get more materials. Out on the lake, Stephen was showing-up seasoned fisher people. "How'd you do that?" they asked. "I went to the library, checked out some books and read them, " Steven replied.

Do you have a skill you'd like to improve? Stop by the library and see what we can find!


Check out Steven's picture at the library's Flickr site

Rebecca Hostetler
Reference Assistant Cambridge Public Library

No comments: