Readers enjoy books in many ways and use a variety of formats:
- Books for reading - for reading and enjoyment while in one place, like curling up in a chair:
- Print - Some of them are even in Large Print - easier on the eyes than smaller type. Print books come in hard cover and paper back. Libraries usually buy hard-cover, because they last longer through multiple users.
- eBooks - the newest format edition, books are downloaded to be read from an eReader device.
- Books for listing - for reading and enjoyment while moving around, like walking or riding/driving:
- Audio books on cassette - we used to buy books that were recorded on a cassette tape, for use in cassette players. We don't buy books on cassette any more, but have a few older ones that people still enjoy.
- Audio books on CD - we buy books recorded on CDs, for use in CD players.
Barbara Misselt, Director